However after only taking out a brief feedback session I decided to do a proper audience feedback of my overall final products and find out what people really thought. I asked 10 people overall, 5 of which I filmed or audio recorded their answer, giving them open question so I could get proper feedback instead of set questions in which I gave them the answers as I felt this way I would get proper and much more useful answers. I asked all 10 of them 3 questions which were:
1. Overall what do you like about the music video, digipak cover and magazine advert?
2. What do you think could be improved?
3. What would you give each of them out of 10?
They all then were given the chance to answer these questions in whatever way they wanted. It was only 5 of which actually wanted to be recorded and the other 5 wished to be left anonymous.
Here are the videos:
Male, 50+
Female, 13
Female, 50+
Female, 40+
Male, 18
*
I also asked two females which were aged 18 and 16, as well as 3 males which were two were aged 18 and one which was 20.
I decided to ask a variety of ages as when putting a music video onto television it is not always going to be restricted to one age group. Dealing with the topic suicide I also thought it was important to ask someone of a young age so I asked someone of the age of 13 whether they were affected by this theme. When asked she said that no she was not at all disturbed by the scene of suicide and so with this in mind it meant that it would not be so upsetting for other younger viewers and would perhaps not create such a stir with parental figures. I also wanted to ask people of an older age as they would of course be watching the television as well and I wanted to know their opinion as well. They also were not keen by the suicide idea but out of all the 10 people I asked not one of them said that it upset them and I think this was because we did it in such a tasteful way. I asked a lot more people between the age of 13 – 20 as this was going to be our target audience so it was important I got their input. All of them seemed to enjoy the video in particular, the park scene in which they spin round on the roundabout as one of them said that they liked the effect it had and felt like you were actually the other person watching from their point of view. The other most favourite scene by an outstanding 60% was when we used blue screen when he was looking at the picture of him and his girlfriend in the park and it actually moved to that scene. I was surprised by this outcome as I felt that it was not the tidiest of transformations, however a lot of my audience enjoyed this scene the most. However they did find some fault with the music video, particularly with the party scene which we had the most trouble with and so I completely agree with them which was the fact that it was quite unclear. Due to us not having the right lighting equipment that all top movie producers have we were unable to make the image very clear, yet as people were able to indentify what it was it meant they we were able to get our message across but next time we will need to find a better way round this. Also another interesting point which came up quite a lot was the idea that perhaps the happy memories should have been in colour and the sad scenes should have been in black and white which admittedly I had never thought of. Yet luckily our point managed to get across about highlighting the differences between past and present which was our main aim.
With the magazine advert a lot of people liked the fact that the CD looked as if it glowed as it made it look more desirable. Not only this but they liked they way in which the CD cover and the horizon background really contrasted to help it stand out and could not believe how professional it looked. No one could find any fault with the advert which I was particularly pleased about.
The digipak a lot of people did like yet it never managed to receive a 10/10 like the other two products which is an interesting point. Although people liked the neon green standing out on the black background what put a lot of people off was the layout itself on the front cover. A lot of people picked out that the word “gravity” should have been centralized which we did not consider. However everyone still thought it looked professional, particularly with the use of the legal writing on it a long with the barcode and said it looked very realistic.
Overall I think that the positive definitely outweighed the negative in our work and generally everyone we asked did like our products very much. The combination of our 3 products worked well together and everyone found them very appealing. I feel from the feedback if we take into consideration the constructive criticism which I asked specifically for I feel that if we put our product out on the market it would do very well and I am very pleased with the outcome.
Music Video Results Out of 10

Digipak Results Out of 10

Magazine Advert Results Out of 10

As you can see from the graphs the magazine advert was the clearly the overall favourite with the music video second and the digipak last, not recieving one 10/10 which is unfortunate. From the feedback I found that a lot of their comments supported this result.
*Apologies for the quality of the recordings.
No comments:
Post a Comment