
For my digipak idea I want it to look simple yet sophisticated. I decided that I wanted to incorporate the video and the song title into my work instead of using the artist on the front cover like for example that of Keane with their album "Under The Iron Sea" with the use of horses and the sea which I think will give the cover an edge.
What I found was important is the font type in which I used as I want something that is eye catching and looks stylish instead of something very simple and boring.
Here are some fonts that I found using dafont.com which decided to use as I have used it before and found has a great deal of interesting and exciting fonts created by a variety of different people.

I really liked these fonts and found I particularly wanted to go for a grunge look as that is the type of style I wanted to go for within in my music video as well. So with this in mind I decided to incorporate the particular font I used with an eroded look for the title "Horizons" in one of my ideas. As well as this I wanted to use the background of a couple on the horizon as this will be a key scene within our music video. Not only this but I still wanted to use the band in the artwork so decided to put them on the inside cover as I still feel that a picture should be included in the album packaging as I find a lot of people are curious as to what the band look like or they want to see the band if they are a big fan.
From looking at a lot of album covers also, I decided to keep the back of the album looking simple and continuing the "grunge" look in a simple way so that the album did look realistic and interesting to the customer.

Another idea I had was with the main band as the front cover so it is instantly recognisable as their work.

I like the use of this image as it means fans can recognise who it is instantly without having to find out for themselves. The picture looks professional and uses the font in which the band uses for everything and can be seen as a logo for the band. This font is good as fans can again recognise the band with ease and it is also easy to read and looks appealing. I liked the idea of having the whole digipak black but found that it could perhaps be seen as a bit boring. I like the use of a simple background which is straight to the point and have also made sure i included the copyright laws etc. to make it look professional. I found that I had issues with the program I was using to create the digipak cover however, as a lot of the pictures i used pixelated a lot as well as the CD disk logo -

which i found on all CD covers, but they were always found very small so I would need to find a way in which to resize it without the problem of pixelation. This also occured with the barcode.
Another draft for our digipak

I like the front cover for this as it shows a party scene which therefore relates to our music video with one of the memory scenes. I think it depicts the the band's music genre well as this is the type of look we want our band to go for and it helps relate to our audience more. However it is missing the title "Horizons" which I think is vital for people to be able to recognise this album correctly and it also makes it easier for our target audience as well instead of having to check the track listing to see if this particular song is there.
I like how the background ties in well with the front cover again with a party scene and the transparent green text box over the top, however i really dislike the font used and think this definitely needs to be changed as it just does not suit the cover at all.
The inside cover of the band I also dislike as I feels it does not link closely enough with the other two images and contrasts to greatly. Not only this but I feel the image is two grainy so I feel this would need to be changed too.
No comments:
Post a Comment